Wednesday, October 2, 2013

FLASH! and Here I am!

WEll here it is October.
My last period was  August 20.
the flashes I am having have kicked up to a temperature I never thought even existed.  I mean, seriously.  I have always been a sweater girl.  Always cold.  Then when the flashes started a couple years ago, I would feel like I had just gotten embarrassed.  You know the feeling.  Your face goes all red and the warmth is all through you.
Well these puppies make those look like nuthin'!
It's incredible.  Like I've been on the treadmill for 15 minutes of power walking with a heat lamp on me!  This has been going on since August.  I am sweaty.  I sleep in a tank top under an open window with the ceiling fan on.  All that is great till the flash passes and then I am freezing.
My moods have been .................. well I have found myself irritated the last 2 weeks and thought maybe a period is in the works...........but I don't know.  My weight is up a bit, but that's because I am not going to the gym 6 days a week all of a sudden.  I have been going 3 just to keep myself going.  The last couple days I have been tired.  So tired.  I should be at the gym.
I am still taking my Milk thistle/vit E/Primrose combo.  but it is really not doing anything anymore.  I need to do some more homework and figure something better out.
Big thing - I am not on mat leave and that's what should have been going on at this time.  I have been having a hard time with that.  I was supposed to be home right now, getting ready for the arrival of bundles.  Marvelling over how my body has changed.  Glowing from pregnancy not sweaty and dripping under my boobs from the last hot flash.
it I nice though to be able to not pretend anymore.  I haven't talked out loud about some stuff my body is putting me through - hot flashes.  I just kept hoping they weren't real.  I remember when the night sweats started.  Few and far between.  Charley was little - we still lived in the yellow house - then they subsided for a few years.  They came back about 2007? I think.  Not every night.  But they were definitely there ......................... not in to these kick my ass flashes that make me flash husband every time I have one.
I can strip faster than a peeler at the Aldy inn!

No comments: